Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wet shoes

I have two pairs of school shoes - one I like, one I don't.
Of these two shoes - one is water proof... one isn't....
For the only two days of this week that I went to school, it rained for both days, and the only shoes that I had were the NON water proof ones.
Both yesterday and today I suffered the school day being rained on and walking through puddles, freezing my toes to the point where it hurt to walk. Both days I get home and put my shoes infront of the heater and look at my feet... only to find they are white, and my toe nails are blue. It takes at LEAST 20 minutes for me to gain any kind of feeling back into my toes.
It can't be good for my feet :(

Yesterday I got home and I was soaked, so I chucked all my clothes into the drier and flipped the switch. After an hour I went back and took my wonderfully dry and warm clothes out of the drier. As I turned to walk away I stepped on a wet sock.
Apparently I'd missed the drier with that sock and now it was the only thing of my uniform that was left wet!
I figured it was ridiculous to put the drier back on with only one sock in it, so I was pretty stumped as to how I'd dry it.
So I walked through the house with my wet sock, looking for means of drying.
I see the microwave...

I think, hey, why not?
So in it goes. 20 seconds.
Out it comes. Soaked. But steaming.

That didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I vaguely considered putting it back in for longer, but decided the risk of fire was too high on my muchly loved sock.... Well. Actually, its my sisters sock. So. I can't set it alight - as much fun as that would be.

In the end I just put it with my shoes infront of the drier. No where near as much fun.

I like rain alot, don't get me wrong. Its alot more fun than sun is sometimes - and no sunburn with rain!
But wet socks and shoes are not a favorite of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment