Wednesday, May 2, 2012

demolition and reconstruction

My bedroom is getting re-shaped.
I'd say its got a personal trainer at some jazzy gym, and its gonna be on an intense diet - like, NO CARBS, NO SUGARS, NO FUN.
But when the renovations are over, it will actually be shorter and wider. So its going on the standard See-Food diet. Its going to be like, twice the length - which is great, you know, but I did just try take furniture OUT of my room. I was trying to cut out all the unnecessary things I collect...
Guess I've got an excuse to go shopping.

I could get a TV for my room? I never saw the point in it because I don't actually watch TV much, and any movies I watch I can do so from the computer...
I could get a couch? But then, I have a bed. Whats the point in a couch? I can just sit on my bed.
I could get a mini fridge? I think that just means I'm lazy - can't even make it to the kitchen for milk.

Oooh I could get a BIGGER desk. I did only just get this one I'm using now (like, I got it a month ago), but it is very small... If I had a bigger desk, then I wouldn't use my bed for painting (in theory. I am used to painting on that angle).

I could get a large ornamental object. Its sole purpose would be to collect dust. Like, a wooden sculpture of a sea horse thats 2m high by 1m wide and deep. Stick it right in the middle, and paint it ROYGBIV.

Maybe I could just... fill the extra space with a patterned rug.



I drew a map out of it. Its actually pretty accurate - thats what my bed looks like (or will look like when I put my new WINTER duvet cover on it, one that has NO paint on it so far). Thats the patterned rug. And the beige in the corner will be my new BIG corner desk. The rainbow squiggle is my seahorse sculpture. The blue green line at the top will be my feature wall - Im still deciding on the colour. I've had teal as a FW before, and loved it, but shouldn't I try something different? I've had red too (not my choice, the room was already painted when we moved in.. I'd NEVER choose red.

Uuum the wardrobe covers a whole wall cause Im not sure exactly where its going to be... The various line on the walls are either painting or windows.

OH CRAP. I didn't put my book case in it! Um. It can go where-ever my wardrobe isn't on that right hand wall. Maybe I should get a new book case - I have a few books that are getting a little crammed...

No comments:

Post a Comment