Friday, June 24, 2011

Last nights dinner

So, last night I was home by myself until about 10:30pm (I didn't know this, hence why I made dinner for the whole family). Dinner was therefor unnecessary and a waste of time.

It was even more of a waste of time because it was such a complete failure! Thank goodness nobody was home to eat it or they would have been severely disappointed!
It was a bit of an experiment meal. I was looking in the freezer - as thats how dinner usually starts. And sussing out the meaty options, I decided on mince (Due to the lack of chicken, fish, lamb and pork or any other options).
Then I thought "mince what?" And decided on spaghetti Bolognese. I then decided that it would have tin spaghetti instead of normal pasta spaghetti. . . This was a logical choice to me - less cooking, less ingredients, I cant over/under cook the pasta.....

So it began. The mince was in the pan cooking... after a while, it was evident that the cow this mince came from must have been fxcking obese because there was like gallons of grease and oil pouring out of the meat. I even tipped out like, a cup of it.
I put the spaghetti in, and cheese on top, and in the oven it goes.... Glistening with fat....
Anyway, it cooked, I ate some, it was really bland due to the somewhat boring nature of the tinned spaghetti and the somewhat intense fatty flavour of the mince.

I put the remaining potions into a container into the fridge.. where the oil and fat proceeded to mould together forming a layer of sludge in the bottom of the container.....

Needless to say... I haven't eaten any more of it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment