Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hogs,

Alright - my first explanation is about hedgehogs. The fact that I haven't written about hedgehogs REALLY proves that I've been a total unbelievably useless slacker with typing about important moments in my life.

So, it all began when I got off the bus after work (Wow, I haven't even told you that I quite that waste-of-my-life hellhole). And went to cross the road, but saw the adorable prickly bundle of joy that was a baby hedgehog - later to be name Sonic.

I had him for about 2 and a half weeks - inwhich time, many people met him and fell inlove with him. He was dubbed "the cutest thing on Earth" more than once. He would squeal when left alone, and cuddle when picked up - he regularly fell asleep curled in a ball on our hands or tummies. He ate alot, syringe fed. He was amazing.



He died though, when he escaped one day. It was very sad, we buried him in my garden. My sister bought me a little hedgehog necklace charm so I'll always remember him!
He is the reason that I love hedgehogs now. I've looked after quite a few, and taken a few off roads, treated several for mange. They are tricky little buggers! The last one I had was half way through mange treatment and he ESCAPED from the bunny cage. Little bastard. Didn't even say thank you for the treatment.

I bought the hogs a box of meal worms that they refused to eat, so now those mealworms are rolling around in their box, wondering what they did wrong in life to get so rejected. A trademe member recommended I make them a weeny mealworm sized couch, and ask them about their childhoods. So I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment