Monday, January 24, 2011

Needles and .. dead... horses?!

Alright, so I spent the day at work today (doing the usual cleaning and phone answering duties, plus cleaning out this truly HORRIFYING cupboard that could quite possibly be harboring the gates to Narnia and Middle Earth). I have gained several photo frames and a loverly vanilla scented candle from Carpet Court today - thank you!!

I have also gained a *possible job opportunity*, which I'm pretty interested in! HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL.
Id say that my day has been pretty beneficial, but I also suffered headache-itis all day and I had to have my blood test. I'm glad I got it over with...

Although, I'm pretty bummed about the woman who did it. She was foreign. And I was like "I know it might seem childish to ask.. but DOES IT HURT?! I haven't had one before! I don't even know my blood type!!!"
So she says "Yes it hurts but then it goes away".
I mean. How the F is that supposed to reassure me?!
"Yes" it will hurt???

OH well. It didn't really hurt. It was just really horrible the anticipation, and the needle was only in my arm for about 3o seconds, then she was done and she had way more blood that I thought she would have had in that time.
I didn't even get THAT dizzy or anything. Just.. really tired.

Oh yeah, I got home, and mum used another of her mental sayings (one I'd never heard before, goodness knows where she's getting them all from). She said "like flogging a dead horse".
It's when your defending or trying to talk up something that really useless.
For example, to be trying to sell a car with no wheels and an engine so rusted over that the entire car looks orange even though its painted green. Saying that its the best car ever and it rides beautifully, you can hear the engine purr when you turn it on. Then look at the car, and you can tell that the person was 'flogging a dead horse'.

No comments:

Post a Comment