Saturday, January 22, 2011

"great"

You know, how when something happens that really just... doesn't work for you. Like, you dropped your ice cream, or your coke bottle bubbly-exploded on you, or your nice night to yourself got stolen by some stupid chore or outing.
And in your head (or out loud, depending on how much it sucks), you say "Greeat".
Saying 'great' sarcastically doesn't make anybody feel better, but atleast its a way of getting your opinion out there.

I'm saying it right now, in my head.
Its kind of like... you say it when you knew that a good thing was going to be ruined somehow. Like when it rains on a day that you want to go to the beach.

I don't want to go out to dinner tonight, but I have to, and I don't get any say in when I get there or leave. I'll be forced to join the conversation and listen to boring things ... There will be interesting things too... but Im TIRED and I wanted a nice relaxing night where I could go to bed early. But NAH.
Nah, Im going to go have intellectual and enlightening conversation about my career options, my driving lesson progress and probably get forced into a conversation about divorce or my 'feelings'.

.... Great.

1 comment:

  1. I HATE talking about career options. It drives me up the wall (mind the pun).

    ReplyDelete