Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FXCKING DENTIST BASTARDS

This is NOT a reference to my dentist personally - he's actually really really nice.
But omfg, not only is getting dentist work done scary and painful, it lasts!
I mean, I can't deny that I find it funny when my face is numb like it was today (very very numb indeed. I had two injections - one in the very back of my mouth. It made my like lower lip and jaw and chin go numb! but yeah. The injection itself hurt).
I laughed to a man standing next to me at the reception because i kept touching my face and he was smiling at me.

But yeah, I couldn't eat my spaghetti Bolognese dinner that dad had made me. Soft food, you know? so it wouldn't hurt.
I couldn't eat it cause my mouth was so numb that i couldn't even tell if there was food in my mouth, let alone if i was chewing it or my tongue.
So me, thinking that I was smart, just said "Oh, I'll wait until my numbness wears off and I'll eat dinner then!"
Boy am I stupid. Yeah. The numbness wore off. It wasn't a pleasant wearing off feeling, and my jaw slowly became more painful. I now can't open my mouth more that 2cm without it hurting, and it hurt to swallow and chew!
So there goes my brilliant "I'll eat it later" plan, aye?

No. I was hungry. I ended up just squashing my dinner so it was like a pikelet and eating flattened versions of it so that i didn't have to open up my mouth very far. Im not as hungry anymore...
But I got a headache along with my sore mouth.
So I took some panadol stuff that says on the back that it will help with any kind of dental pain.. it kinda is starting to take effect now, but my headache has remained just as stubbornly as a red wine stain on carpet. Also, my ears have blocked.
YAY.

On the upside, my dentist was amazed that I can txt without looking. He was injecting me while I txted... I was txting Tib, but his phone broke like, 20 minutes before i went to the dentist. So I was kinda just sending a txt to stop myself going hulk and throwing the dentist across the room so I could run through a wall and be away from the needles.
I frequently go hulk, just for the sake of it.

What is "sake" ?
for the sake of it.. oh my goodness sake is such a weird word... sake sake sake sake sake sake...
Wow. I think i just ruined that phrase for me.
"sake 1 |sāk|
noun
1 ( for the sake of something or for something's sake) for the purpose of; in the interest of; in order to achieve or preserve : "
Well fair enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment