Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I need to get my fun fix - 12th January 10

I found the thought thread I was looking for. I wrote it down in my ramblings book, so now I'm typing it out.
Here.
"Yeah, so today I had a brilliant day. Spent the whole thing walking along beaches/rocks with my friend. We stayed in Browns bay for like 5 hours, and ate; ice cream and chips - drinking vanilla coke. I had a lot of fun, honestly.
But apparently, fun is limited for a days supply. Its like having a bottle of water. If you drink it all in the first 20 minutes, what are you going to do for the next 23 hours and 40 minutes?

Now, I know that isn't actually how the fun system works. Because, I know that you can have days at a time where everything is fun, without a break.
No, I think that fun is more like a drug. While your having it - everything sunshine, lollypops and rainbows everywhere. Its so spectacular that you don't think you COULD get sad, angry or annoyed. The world doesn't look so dark anymore, and optimism covers everything like dust. A really sparkly dust thats actually more like glitter. And emits a light glow.
Fun gives you that "I'm invincible" feeling. Real fun can do wonders to a person.
But thats the thing there, while your having fun and being surround by that metaphorical glittery, glowing dust... Life's peaches and cream.
The suddenly, poof. Reality check. Invincibility is impossible; friends go home, sugar wears off. Whatever little thing that was keeping you full of bubbles just ran out of detergent. Now your on the low after the high.
It's not like when you climb up a mountain from ground level, and you've gotta climb back down after. Its more like; climbing up a mountain from ground level, reaching the top, then falling down a cliff that has a trench at the bottom which goes another 1000m below the original pre-mountain hight."

I then proceeded to draw a diagram of this, and it I got a violent kick to the amazement organ.. Because it looks just like how a heart beat is represented. Thats certainly life for you, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment