Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mammoth the moth

My phobia of moths was very nearly squished out of me when I met Mammoth.
Well, several minutes after I'd met mammoth. At first he was like a furry winged nightmare.
But as I watched him, and after martin touched him and he didn't launch into attack mode, I realized that Mammoth couldn't be all that dangerous... He was even kinda cute.

It took several minutes, and my incredibly daring boyfriend, for me to really grow to trust Mammoth. Tib picked him up and showed that he meant no harm, because he himself had been harmed. You see, Mammoth cannot fly. He's lost his flying dust and his wings are a bit torn...

Despite his alarmingly large size, I began to feel sorry for Mammoth, I be-friended him. I was reconsidering a lifetimes worth of terror over moths. We found him a safe and comfortable new home, where he would fit in and be happy (my firewood pile. He blends right in).

It wasn't long before he was dubbed 'Mammoth'. It seems so obvious now, that this was his name all along. He is large and furry and brave. Yet still a bit cute.

In the end, I was so emotionally tied to him that I rebelled against my better nature and I touched him - a feat I never thought to accomplish.







NOTE: When I wrote "furry winged nightmare" I first wrote "furry wanged nightmate" on accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment