Friday, February 25, 2011

Keep on digging, Mate.

You know, how some people just keep on talking and everybody who's listening can see that they're just pissing someone off. And they just don't even notice, they keep on talking about things. Then eventually, they notice what they're saying and try back tracking. But everything they say from then on digs them in a deeper hole.
It's like, Ive had it done to me heaps of times 'cause I have orange hair.
It's usually if somebody asks me if my hairs my natural colour.
And then someone spits out "well of course it is, WHO would die their hair ORANGE".
Then the backtracking starts. Theres two options that result from that comment, its either trying to dig themselves out like; "I didn't mean that your hair isn't nice.. I just mean that most orange hair isn't nice. Yours is more of a .. gold... and you just... you can pull it off.... Your skin tone is... it goes with your hair... and... and you like... you know which colours go well with... with it....."
Or they just laugh. Its like, either way is bad because nobody believes the digging and the laugh means "Well, It's still true".

Or theres the back handed compliments. Those are usually intentional though.
"See? You don't look fat in THIS one."
Or those comments when somebody's a bit TOO surprised.
"Wow! You actually look nice today!"
Adding actually is another, it implies that you thought otherwise. So when its put in a compliment, it means that they didn't think you were capable of accomplishing what they complimented you on.


Oh yeah, I cant drink milk in the mornings. It makes me feel sick.
Goodbye cereal.. its been good knowing you....

No comments:

Post a Comment