Thursday, March 11, 2010

Keep on digging.

You know, when you say something that is taken the complete wrong way, then you try to patch up your screw up.. and it just progressively gets worse and worse?
Its like saying, "I prefer the black dress to the green"
"why?"
"because the green clashes with your hair"
"... thanks"
"Well, I mean. Its orange."
"..."
"I mean, like, not that orange is a bad thing"
"..."
"Im just saying that orange doesn't look good with green"
"..."
"Because orange is such an extreme colour, and it just doesn't look good like that"
"..."
"I mean, *your* hair isn't an extreme orange. Its a dull orange."
"..."
"Not that your dull"
"..."

Then theres always that person in the background who goes "Just keeeep on digging".
And you just wanna punch them in the face with a chair, because you KNOW your digging yourself into a hole and you don't need them telling you that.
Then again, I quite like the digging-remark dude cause it usually breaks the tension and sometimes can get you of the hole.
Unless you've already dug halfway to china and are currently sifting through magma in the Earths core.

This hole-digging situation also reminds me of things like, when someones starts saying something that SOUNDS like it will be a compliment, then it turns out to be a mega insult or slap to the face. I got one of those ones today, I was like "Aaawwwww!!!" but before I even got through the second W in my head it got cut short and turned in to a "Oh". I'd write it down, but that particular person reads my blog occasionally.
Lol I bet like everyone who reads this will be like "oh crap... was it me?"

I think i used about 40 quotation marks so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment