Saturday, August 14, 2010

Child of divorcee's

I was looking in my fridge today at dads house, not hungry, just bored. I spied a container of custard that was just DARING me to eat some.
So I found myself a really long handled teaspoon and began stealing mouthfuls of its creamy yellow goodness. As I enjoyed this treat, I started to think about my fridge.
I must have been standing there with the door open for at least a good 40 seconds by that point and it made me think back, back to when my parents were still together...
Back to when we had a very special fridge that beeped when the door was left open for too long.
And then it suddenly occurred to me. Where was that fridge?

Was I standing in front of it right then, while I ate custard? Surely it would have beeped by now?
Or is the fridge at mums house? Or was that fridge white... the beeping fridge was silver.... hang on, the fridge at mums IS silver... but, I've never heard it beep?

Maybe the beeping fridge was left behind? I think it must have been. Thats the most logical answer. Most houses come with their own fridge when you buy them, just like dishwashers and ovens...
Don't they? The fridges are usually left behind, right?

Maybe its a good thing the beeping fridge is gone. It is better now that my parents have new partners, they are happier that way. Perhaps its better that my fridge has a new owner... perhaps its happier that way too...

No comments:

Post a Comment