Monday, April 16, 2012

On a roll..

I figure I'm actually doing pretty well for myself - posting two days in a row. Its like I'm a blogging virgin all over again.
Anyway, nothing particularly exciting happened today - I made dinner. Perhaps this is why I'm typing again - I stopped making dinner for like a week and a half, and I also didn't go super market shopping, I didn't clean (much). I did almost nothing useful at all.
Now that I'm getting off my ass  back from my incredibly brief housewife holiday, I guess I should try and write more often.... no promises though. Everytime I promise to write more often I do the complete opposite and the creative side of my brain goes into hiding. Living off bugs and moss until it feels that its no longer under pressure.

Anyway, dinner tonight was very... quick. And boring. It was just a plain stir fry;
They were packet veges - So no cutting them up.
The meat was just bought - no defrosting.
The sauce came in the vege packet - no choosing which flavours.
No herbs, no spices, no salt, no pepper, no lemon juice (I love lemon juice), no rice, no noodles, no nothing. Just a 'chuck it in the pan' stirfry. I didn't even use the wok.
Its a pretty piss-poor dinner on my part.

Maybe I should do a roast this week to make up for it... Tomorrow I'm not making dinner because I'm OUT. Im going to a dinner party thingy for work to say good-bye to my manager who has just recently resigned. Cool. I'm not supposed to bring anything but a non alcoholic drink (me and the new girl can't drink cause were little kiddies (Well, that, and I'm driving)).
I believe there will even be desert. Maybe, just maybe, I will come home tomorrow and write a post about it.

The only thing is that I finish work at 5 tomorrow, just Im going with the ladies who finish at 5.30... What am I supposed to do? Sit in the car and twiddle my thumbs? NAH F THAT.

I bought ginger beer today. Believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment