Sunday, January 13, 2013

Photographer & Designer

So apparently I am now a Junior Web photographer and Graphic Designer.

Cool.

I got the job from SEEK, thanks to my dad for finding it. It's for Postie, the women's clothing company I was already working for as a sales assistant. I applied thinking I wasn't really even going to get considered for the job, because honestly, I'm not that fantastic  - I know, I know, you all love me. I know, I'm totally amazing, thanks... Yeah, I know, I'm the best. Geez guys! If you keep flattering me I'll get big headed.

But I did get the job (after an interview).

Although, I'm hoping they (and by "they" I mean my employers at Postie) have employed a bloody good Senior Photographer or Designer to coach me along. I handed in two completely 100% brilliant application documents when I was going through interviews. I have been repetitively told how amazing they we're and how impressed everyone was by them .... I am not trying to toot my own horn here, as much as it sounds like it, I'm just trying to explain the reasons behind the niggling worry I have.

And by niggling worry I mean gnawing anxiety. Or biting fear.
Or shredding-my-insides-to-pieces horror.

From listening to 'them' talk, it SOUNDS like they think I'm a great deal better than I am. Or have a GREAT deal more experience than I do. It sounds like there is no Senior Someone to nudge me in the right direction, and it sounds like they are going to get a gigantic slap in the face from Mr Disappointment when they remember that I AM A JUNIOR!!!!!!

My inner self will be shaking from head to toe and stuttering on every second word tomorrow, waiting for when I have to say 'okay, so which of you will be helping me?'.
Or more like; 'ok-kay. Um. Well, you see... Uhh... Which of you... I mean, which one of you will be uhh... m-my... P{APOSfdghinl,;g'ytrsa OH MY GOD SOMEONE SAVE ME. '

At which point I will run screaming from the building, and promptly get fired.



I wonder if I will have my own desk.

1 comment: