Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tibs cake

Okay, I'm a bit slack that I haven't written about this yet - its been over a week! The companion cube cake was a success (not only did it look like the companion cube, its tasted like it it too!! Well. It tasted good. Thats close enough).
It seemed to be like the companion cube in every way... Square.... grey... weighted. The thing was bloody heavy!
We had some trouble with the icing slipping down the cake when it got too warm (hence in one of the photos two of the white parts are touching.... oops). The cake itself was layers of vanilla cake and strawberry cake. There was white chocolate and strawberry nesquick ganache holding it all together!
When I first typed ganache, I typed 'gnash', like how its pronounced. I was confused at first, because I KNEW that was the wrong spelling, yet spell check wasn't picking up on it....
I checked the computer dictionary, and gnash is when you grind your teeth together. Its an actual word.

How stupid.
This is the cakes WORST side, so please ignore the bad parts :) This photo is solely to show what it looked like in the inside!

The boy in the background is tibs brother. He loved the cake too.

No comments:

Post a Comment