Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oscar

I walked down the driveway after school today, silently begging the clouds to hold off their down pour at LEAST until I'd made it inside, and I see that Oscar was patiently waiting for me on the front doormat. He was all curled up and he meowed at me.
Well. I like to think he was waiting for me, be he was probably just sitting there because it was the only dry patch on the drive, and he didn't want to get wet feet.

So I gave him a big cuddle and talked to him about things like the doormat and the weather and his little feet... Then I had to go around the house to get in and I said "You wait there Oscar or your feet will get wet!"

So I braved the wet grass and managed to get inside un-rained on and quite happy, I walked down stairs and opened the front door to find Oscar still patiently waiting there for me to let him in.

I like to think that he understood what I said to him, that he would get wet feet, and thats why he didn't follow me. But it's unlikely.
When he started his (unbelievably slow) decent through the door way, he stretched and then sharpened his claws on the doormat. Then I grabbed him and tried pulling him inside because he had disturbed and ants nest while he was sharpening! THERES AN ANTS NEST IN OUR DOORMAT!!! WTF?!
But no. Oscar wasn't having any of that. No way was HE getting pulled inside.
He struggled and shot straight back outside to sit on the doormat.

He first inspected the ants, and watched them panic. Then he sat on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment