Thursday, June 28, 2012

DENTIST

I can't stand going to the dentist!
I think I must have inherited this of my mum, because she hates it too. Like, I know everyone hates the dentist, but we do more than your everyday person. .
But you see, I don't hate the dentist for the dental work. That parts actually not too bad, I hate it because of the needles!
UGH. NEEDLES.

Yesterday I got two fillings - I was being brave going in there all by myself, not even crying. I wasn't shaking. I wasn't awkwardly smiling (does anyone else do that? When your scared you can't stop smiling?). I just walked in, told the reception lady I was there and she said to take a seat.
I had just settled down to wait, with a nice magazine article about gay marriage, and then the nurse steps out;
"Georgia?"
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I got into the torture chamber, and freaked out. It wasn't my dentist. Not MY dentist. Some other scary random dentist man that I didn't know. I've had the same dentist for a few years now - I like him. He talks, he makes jokes, and he tells me what he's doing and what to expect. I had my check up with him, and I WANTED MY FILLINGS DONE WITH HIM. He told me at the check up that he would try not to use the back needle (the one that goes in the very back of your mouth, and is SCARY).
So, I sit in the chair. Mentally telling myself "its okay, he wont be a ruthless bastard that wants to jab holes all over you".

I started building the new dentist-patient relationship. I talked alot. He was nice, he had a look in my mouth, then said to the nurse "Okay, can you pass me a top and a back". And It dawned upon me that he was talking about needles. A BACK?? Oh no.

Oh no Oh no Oh no!!!
So I said "Oh.. Id hoped you wouldn't have to use that one... can you like, warn me when your going to... do it?"
So he agreed. And said he'd do it now. And I was like WHAT? Do what now??? WHICH NEEDLE NOW???
He said "I'll do the back one now, get the worst over with first". uufhdao;sbljvcxzlkbnv cv,.l;vsd
fa'Kdfmsdlgfndlbdnz,cmxb
omg
So he did. It was okay. It did hurt, but not as much as my reaction implies it did. I have no idea why I'm so scared of needles, logically they really don't hurt as much as most things. Its just... the IDEA of them is so... horrible.
After the first one was over I wasn't really worried about the next. He did it, it stung a little, it was okay. But I must have been alot more anxious than I thought I was, because as he pulled the second needle out he was telling me about rinsing my mouth out I think - I don't know. I wasn't hearing him, all I could hear was ringing. Then I started feeling really sick, and shaking alot and the dentist told me I went really pale all of a sudden. He made me lie down with my knees up (like an idiot) for 5 minutes, so I didn't faint.
I HATE NEEDLES.
Is this the new thing?? The last time I had an injection I fainted, and this time I would have had I not already been lying down!
UGH. FML.

1 comment: