Friday, April 1, 2011

read-read-reading

SO, Since I last-last posted, several times ago, I have read an entire book series.
Which is great, but not great, you know?

I mean, I love readong alot! Beleive me, I do. But Its just, I discovered this series because I watched the movie "Percy Jackson and the lightening theif" with Tib, and I liked it. I then found out that it was based off the first book in the Percy Jackson series, which is actually 5 books.
Horray! I'd found some new books to read! Thanks to Whitcoulls, I got the first three books on sale in set. I then read all of those books over about 5 days, and went out on a quest to find the last two books (which actually prooved to be quite difficult. It seemed that nobody had them in stock! THE HORROR!!!).
(The Warehouse prevailed).

And so the book series is complete, and I'm 1/3 if the way through re-reading it.
I actually learnt from these books too, which is super cool. They're all about greek gods and stuff. Since the gods were actually the characters in the book, I naturally remembered everything about them and now know alot about greek mythology.

And it brings me to something that seriously annoys me - which in turn, annoys people that I watch movies with. When I film is based off a book, the film automatically sucks cause HARLY ANY OF IT EVEN HAPPENED IN THE BOOK.
Harry potter is a lvoerly example.

No comments:

Post a Comment